Body hair can also be perceived as beautiful – but if you want silky smooth, hairless skin on your legs or body, men and women have to reach for a razor almost every day to prevent a “stubble field.” Alternatively, choose the longer-lasting but painful epilation in which the hair and roots are pulled out. There are various methods for this with electrical devices and cold or warm wax, which can also be used at home. Anyone who opts for professional and gentle treatment in the cosmetic studio instead has to spend a lot of money on it. In this article, we read about How to make sugar wax?
On the other hand, hair removal using sugaring is also easy, painless, and particularly inexpensive at home. For this purpose, you can make sugar paste yourself from just two ingredients for little money.
How to make sugar wax
Make sugar gel for hair removal yourself
You only need two ingredients to make about 350 ml of sugar paste
: 200 g granulated sugar (refined, white sugar or raw cane sugar, not whole cane sugar)
: 200 ml lemon juice
A large saucepan with at least two liters is necessary for the preparation, as the sugar mixture foams and rises during the cooking process. You will also need a large wooden spoon and a bowl of lukewarm tap water.
It is best to fill the finished sugar paste into an airtight, heat-resistant container, for example, a clip-on jar or a large screw-top jar.
Here’s how you go about making the sugar paste:
- Mix sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and heat at medium temperature (e.g., 8 of 12) – rapid boiling is not recommended, as the mixture burns quickly, and the right consistency can no longer be achieved to make sugar wax. Stir constantly while heating and do not leave the room under any circumstances, like sugar, like milk, can suddenly boil over.
- After a few minutes, small bubbles form. A little later, they turn into dense foam. As soon as the foam turns golden, the sugar mixture approaches the desired consistency.
- Do a first drip test: remove a little of the mixture with the spoon and drip into the bowl with the lukewarm tap water. Proceed very carefully. The liquid is boiling and sticky! When the paste forms a resinous structure in the water, it’s done. This can be checked by kneading with your fingers. If the mixture immediately dissolves in the water or floats to the surface, continue to simmer.
- Repeat the drop test until the consistency is correct. Then take the pot off the stove and let it cool for about a minute while stirring.
- Carefully pour the mass into the container. Leave the lid open until it is freezing; otherwise, condensation will form, which will damage the paste.
Tip to make sugar wax
You can use a food thermometer to make it even easier to determine whether the sugar mass is ready. Heat the mixture to a temperature of around 125 ° C before you do the drip test,
It takes a little practice and experience to heat the sugar mass. And take it off the stove at the right moment. But once you get the hang of it, you can always use simple ingredients to create a natural. And an inexpensive alternative to shaving and waxing. Note: The paste must cool down to around body temperature before use. Fresh from the stove, it can cause severe burns!
Also read: how to get rid of moles