You can’t go wrong with a bowl of rice! Rice is an effective weight loss aid as it has low sodium, fat, and cholesterol levels. I have always made rice in my rice cooker or Instant Pot in the past. However, I always wondered what if I cooked rice on the stovetop? Does this make a difference? But when I make rice on the stove, it tastes the same, with no difference in texture. If you are one of those who can not afford a rice cooker and love rice, then it’s good news that you can make rice on the stove without losing fluffy rice texture and quality taste. In the following article, we get to know about How to cook rice on stove? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
How to cook rice on the stove with this recipe?
Cooking rice with the following recipe will prove to be a foolproof recipe for you as you will never fail to make correctly cooked rice ever again.
- Keep it in mind to always keep a ratio of 2:1 for the water and rice. For example, if you take two cups of water and 1 cup of rice.
- Add the two cups of water with salt in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, add rice.
- Let them boil till the bubbles appear on the rice. This means the excess water has cooked the rice.
- Now it’s time to simmer your rice to cook it completely.
- Keep it simmer for a good 5 to 10 minutes on low flame.
Store it for later use
This rice can be kept in the refrigerator for at least five days. You can serve these boiled rice with different curries, yogurt, or baked veggies. This boiled rice recipe is for white rice only. There are some changes in the water and rice ratio for the brown rice to be cooked well. The white rice can also be cooked with spices.
You have to make curry Of your choice. The curry may include any meat or veggies, for example, chicken, beef, etc. And the veggies may consist of potatoes, peas, carrots, broccoli, etc. Simmer the rice with the curry you have made for fifteen minutes on low flame. Try the rice with salad and yogurt with spices.
Here’s another recipe you can make at home with rice on the stove.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- black pepper
- 1 pound, chicken; should be skinless
- 1 cup peas
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- On a medium flame, melt the butter in a large pot.
- After adding the onion, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, cook, occasionally stirring, until the onion is soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the rice and garlic and cook, occasionally stirring, until they smell toasty, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, occasionally stirring so that the rice doesn’t stick to the pot.
- Then stir in the chicken and bring it back to a boil.
- Simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the peas and 1 cup of cheese.
- Taste and season with more salt as needed.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, then cover again and let sit for about 5 minutes so that the cheese melts and the rice steams. Serve hot and enjoy!
Also read: how to become a virtual assistant